Changing Face of the Workplace – Dr. Noel Abiodun Saliu

The Deputy Executive Secretary (Academic) of the National Universities Commission (NUC), Dr Noel Abiodun Saliu, as Guest Speaker at the 2023 Staff Colloquium of Caleb University, Imota Lagos, has affirmed the “major highlights of the review of the Core Curriculum Minimum Academic Standard (CCMAS) as its containing 70% core courses for all programmes, with Universities developing the remaining 30% innovative courses based on their peculiarities; and the introduction of blended learning in the delivery of the curriculum”.

Delivering a paper on ‘Curriculum and Technology: Changing Face of the Workplace’, Dr Saliu, urged the University staff to leverage on the newly introduced CCMAS to produce world- class scholars, as the
the quality of graduates remains the distinguishing element of a University.

Earlier, the Vice Chancellor, Prof Nosa Owens-Ibie, presented a paper on ‘Attitude re-engineering for Curriculum Implementation’. He narrated how Caleb University developed a response to the Covid 19-induced lockdown, with the result that the University has consistently maintained and operated its academic calendar without a break. While reminding participants- in line with the Character for Leadership mantra of the University, that “character is the evidence of who you really are”, Prof Owens-Ibie counselled on the need for a positive approach to the implementation of the new curriculum launched in December 2022 by the NUC.

It would be recalled that the NUC recently convened a meeting of stakeholders, to reiterate the implementation of the new curriculum which is taking effect from the 2023/2024 Session.


*Olawale Adekoya*
Information, Media and Publication Specialist


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Powered by Live Score & Live Score App